Welcome!

This page is designed to take over my current portfolio, as well as a place to dump all my works in progress. If you'd like to see my work, go to the Portfolio Page.

Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Fido

 I was recently approached to do a collab with other artists inspired by Hades! I thought it was a real fun idea and I needed a break from Dune and work stuff, so I started thinkin.' I haven't done a big monster concept in a while, which is sort of my boner fuel, so I thought I'd take a crack at the legendary monsters of Hades. Here is the start of  Cerberus.

Here's the sketch I eventually decided was a fun direction- combining the anatomy of three dog heads into one monstrous face and seeing where I could go with it. I also thought it would be fun to combine other aspects of anatomical fusion with the tail and some vestigal limbs. I also felt like some other texture would be nice, so I also incorporated a bit of anthropod in there.
just figuring out the base colors. I figure it would be complicated to render so I didn't tackle colors or patterns just yet, and focused on the anatomy. I knew the face was going to be a pain to solve so I just jumped into it.
This is where I'm at now, resolving forms. I continued the fusion idea into the limbs as well to make them feel like they're two sets of legs combined into one, might run with it, might not. Just having fun problem solving this bizarre canine anatomy.