Welcome!

This page is designed to take over my current portfolio, as well as a place to dump all my works in progress. If you'd like to see my work, go to the Portfolio Page.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Calligraphy Shai-Hulud

This was fun. I was inspired by Arabic calligraphy, which I've always had a vision took a big part of how I imagine Dune... mainly because I like to write in made-up languages that sort of look like arabic anyway (see example from college ). Islam has an interesting limitation on what they can and cannot depict with art, so much of it is through calligraphy and pattern rather than literal drawings of scenes and things. I plan to do the same with how I interpret the Fremen; although they aren't strictly Arabic their culture and religious beliefs were still based on cultures from the Middle East.


No comments: